shopMOMMYshop

Busy moms need a place to find cool, dependable, trustworthy products without having to scour the Internet or stores themselves. This is just the place to find the latest and greatest products for mom and kids -- products that simplify your life and make you smile! These are NOT paid ads!!

Saturday, July 15, 2006

SHOES THAT MAKE RUNNING FUN!!!




Okay, for anyone who knows me on a personal level you probably already know which running shoes I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT.

Warning: these are not for the "Glam Enamored." They are for the runner. Granted, I am Glam Enamored with my everyday shoes, just not my running shoes.

Ever heard of the brand SPIRA?
Nope, probably not.
Why?
Because: 1. they are fairly new; 2. they don't have celeb spokespeople; 3. they are made for comfort and ability NOT style; 4. they are sold in very few places so far.

None the less, I LOVE THEM. I wore them while marathon training last year. And I have a pair of their lightest weight model for short, fast races. I'm even buying my hubby a pair for his marathon training this summer/fall.

BTW, they have WALKING shoes too!!

THEY ROCK!!! They have tiny hidden springs that send the energy you normally lose into the ground back up into your legs. Think about it. They were actually BANNED FROM THE BOSTON MARATHON last year due to giving athletes an edge. Well, if the winner of the marathon was caught wearing them they would have been disqualified.

I tried to go back to my old habitual brand ASICS after wearing Spira for one year. Admittedly, I am a shoe whore and just thought I'd throw down some cash for the fancy new model of Asics. BAD IDEA. I was so disappointed in the feel (which I used to love) and the loss of energy in my legs that I took them straight back to the store.

I know its hard to ignore the shiny, sparkly, supposedly cutting edge running shoes in all the ads and media. But GET OVER IT.

Now I'm back to Spira and loving ever stroke of my feet on the ground. Best running shoe ever.
Check them out online at http://spirafootwear.com
You can enter your zip to find a store, or buy them online (in which case you'll have to trust me).

**Remember to always purchase running shoes 1 size bigger than your everyday shoes because your foot swells while running.

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great post!..I too can't live without my timberland running shoes...i love them

 

Post a Comment

<< Home