shopMOMMYshop

Busy moms need a place to find cool, dependable, trustworthy products without having to scour the Internet or stores themselves. This is just the place to find the latest and greatest products for mom and kids -- products that simplify your life and make you smile! These are NOT paid ads!!

Saturday, July 15, 2006

SLING YOUR BABY -- PLEASE!!!


I'm not going to go off on a tanget, I promise.
However, I must state some facts for those of you who were never introduced to BABY WEARING. Many women I run into toted those damn car seats carriers on errands and to meetings - killing their backs, lugging pain-in-the-neck strollers, and suffering for no reason.

MY OWN PERSONAL REASONS TO CONSIDER USING A BABY SLING...
#1 - Babywearing helps parents and babies bond - essential for babies to feel loved and grow into loving adults.

#2 - Slings are MUCH more comfortable for tiny babies than front carriers. Imagine if your neck wasn't strong enough to hold up that powerful brain of yours - and then you start bouncing around in a front carrier. OUCH. Don't get me wrong -- front carriers have definite useful moments, especially when you'll be walking for long stretches, attending outdoor events, etc. when your baby is a little older. I personally use the heck out of my Ergo Carrier still with my 2-year old.

#3 - Slings are convenient. Throw it in your car, in your bag, etc. and whip it out to run into the store. No buckling, no fuss, no heavy car seat to carry.

#4 - They are fashionably COOL. I love seeing parents wearing their children in slings. They look hip and stylish and caring.

#5 - If your man refuses to use a sling - slap him silly. Once DADDY uses a sling he will realize that he can go about his daily routine (watching football, toiling on the computer, cleaning the kitchen - ha!) without disruption and without a crying baby.

#6 - Soothes baby instantly! Your baby or child will love being held close to your heartbeart, near the warmth of your body. Who doesn't feel safe and warm snuggling!!

My absolute favorite sling is http://www.ZoloWear.com. They are goregous. They are made better than most. They also have really cool sunblocking slings for summer (mesh fabric), and their silk slings are washable. They make pouches too (which are slings without the long fabric tail or rings). Pouches are simpler for first-time baby wearers but are not quite as adjustable. Plus, they have the cutest little children's play slings so new baby's older sibling can carry around their own baby!!!

Was that a tangent? I hope not.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger fbw said...

I just joined see mommy run- And I am so glad I found your blog. I totally agree with you. Babywearing in a sling is so good for the mom and the baby. The benefits are endless! Great post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home